The upcoming Denton City Council election being held on May 9 is council district specific, meaning you can only vote for candidates running in your district.
Take a moment right now to figure it out. Then share these resources with your friends, family, and coworkers and encourage them to get informed and prepared for the upcoming city council election on May 9. No matter who you vote for or what district you are in, Denton would truly benefit if we the citizens started a local tradition of higher voter turnout. The quality of your local government has a bigger daily impact on your life than any other level of representative government. Get in the game!
FIRST: Find out your city council district by clicking the image below. .
SECOND: Verify that you are registered to vote and registered to vote in your current district by clicking the image below
THIRD: Make sure you have one of these valid and proper photo identifications required to vote in person
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
FOURTH: Know these important dates and locations for voting