My name is Keely G. Briggs and I intend to be the next Mayor of the Great City of Denton, Texas. Since 2015 I have served on Denton’s city council representing District 2.
How I make decisions. There are many challenges and opportunities facing the City of Denton. My decision making is based on the following tests:
- Is this decision good for people? People are my highest priority. That includes ALL PEOPLE.
- Is this decision good for business? I believe in and support our businesses. I want Denton to be a place where businesses and ideas continue to grow and thrive. But businesses must not violate the quality of our lives, and they should seek to complement our community while operating on a level playing field.
- How will this decision impact citizens four generations from now? Short term gains must prove out to be wise and sustainable choices as the decisions that we make today ripple far into the future. Our duty is to leave Denton a better place than we found it and to lay a foundation for the health, prosperity, and happiness of Denton’s future generations.
I am humbled and honored to serve District 2 and the City of Denton and I look forward to earning your support to become Denton’s next Mayor. You can reach me at:
Denton City Council Home: https://www.cityofdenton.com/government/city-officials/city-council
BIO: KEELY G. BRIGGS
Keely Briggs was elected to Denton City Council as District 2’s representative in May 2015 and is currently serving her third term. She is a Mayoral candidate in the upcoming May 2020 local election. A Texas native born in Tyler, Keely first came to Denton to attend the University of North Texas in 1995, where she graduated with a BA in sociology and received certification for mediation training from the Alternative Dispute Resolution Program administered by the Institute of Applied Economics.
Keely has a sincere passion for serving the people of her community. She considers being a non-partisan elected official representing the people of Denton to be one of the most challenging and fulfilling experiences of her life. She is proud to serve her district and the entire community of Denton as it takes on the multitude of complex challenges and opportunities that stem from sitting atop one of the fastest growing and most dynamic regions in our nation.
When not seeing to the important work of representing the citizens of District 2 and the City of Denton, Keely can be found volunteering in our local schools and supporting the efforts by many of Denton’s non-profits to help improve our community.
Committee Assignments and Board Positions (click each position to learn more)
- National League of Cities Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources Federal Advocacy Committee,
- National League of Cities Council on Youth, Education, and Families,
- National League of Cities University Cities Council
- Dallas Regional Mobility Coalition,
- Denton County Homelessness Leadership Team,
- Denton County Lake Ray Roberts Planning & Zoning Commission,
- City of Denton Committee on Citizen Engagement (Chair),
- City of Denton Committee on the Environment (Chair),
- City of Denton Mobility Committee,
- Regional Transportation Council (alternate),
- Denton Economic Development Partnership Board,
- City of Denton Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone No. 2 Board,
- DISD Strickland Middle School and Ryan High School PTSA Boards
Political advertising paid for by Keely G. Briggs for Denton Mayor Campaign, Chris Briggs Treasurer. All Rights Reserved.