It is National Night Out and there are several neighborhood groups signed up and participating this year across Denton. I will be out tonight making visits to as many as I can.
The goal of National Night Out is to increase citizen awareness of our city’s drug prevention efforts, local anti-crime programs, and community policing strategies. Our Police Department will try to have at least one officer at each of the participating locations tonight. Please get out and meet your neighbors and have a good time. I hope to see you at one of these gatherings! (District 2 events in bold red below.) More info in this Denton Record Chronicle article: CLICK HERE TO READ
- Township II — 1513 Angelina Bend Drive
- Country Parks Apartments —1606 E. McKinney St.
- Ryan Ranch Estates — intersection of Waterside Place and Riverchase Trail near Cross Timbers Park
- Nottingham Woods — Nettie Schultz Park, 1517 Mistywood Lane
- Tuscan Hills — 3649 Tuscan Hills Circle, next to the swimming pool
- Sundown Ranch HOA — 3499 Sundown Blvd., at the clubhouse
- Pace’s Crossing Apartments — 2411 S. Interstate 35E, at the clubhouse
- Southridge Neighborhood Association — Southmont Baptist Church, 2801 Pennsylvania Drive
- University Park/Northpoint — 7171 Meadwedge Lane (5:30 to 7:30 p.m.)
Your humble representative,
Keely G. Briggs
City Council Member
City of Denton, Texas